There follows a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of Allaah.
- In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting
rapidly and silently. Some scholars said that the reward for reading
al-Faatihah is more than 600 hasanahs, so if you read it 3 times you
will, by the permission of Allaah, gain more than 1800 hasanahs - all
of that in one minute.
- In one minute you can recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul Huwa Allaahu
Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly and silently. Reciting it once is
equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan. If you read it 20 times it is
equivalent to reading the Qur’aan 7 times. If you read it 20 times in one
minute each day, you will have read it 600 times in one month, and
7200 times in one year, which will be equal in reward to reading the
Qur’aan 2400 times.
- You can read one page of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
- You can memorize a short aayah of the Book of Allaah in one minute.
- In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa
shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli
shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah alone with no partner;
to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) - 20
times. The reward for saying this is like freeing 8 slaves for the sake of
Allaah from among the sons of Ismaa’eel.
- In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and
praise be to Allaah) 100 times. Whoever says that in one day will be
forgiven for his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.
- In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan
Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the
Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips,
heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated
by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
"When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah
ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah,
there is no god except Allaah, and Allaah is Most Great)’, this is more
beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon." (Narrated by Muslim). In
one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These
words are the most beloved words to Allaah, the best of words, and
they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the
- In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah
(there is no strength and no power except with Allaah) more than 40
times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by
al-Bukhaari and Muslim. They are a means of putting up with
difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
- In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah approximately 50
times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good
word, the word that stands firm. If these are the last words of a person,
he will enter Paradise, and there are other reports which indicate how
great these words are.
- In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih, ‘adada
khalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada
kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah, as much as the number of
His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His
Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times. This
words bring many more times the reward for other forms of tasbeeh
and dhikr, as was reported in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
- In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of Allaah more than 100
times by saying "Astaghfir-Allaah" (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah).
The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of
attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being
granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters,
making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and
- You can say a few brief and concise words in one minute, and Allaah
may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.
- In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu
‘alayhi wa sallam (May Allaah bless him and grant him peace). In
return Allaah will send blessings upon you 500 hundred times because
one blessing brings ten like it.
- In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to Allaah, to
love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus
travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to Allaah).
You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the
- In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that is
easy to understand.
- In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relative on
- You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the books
of du’aa’, in one minute.
- You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one
- You can forbid an evil action in one minute.
- You can enjoin something good in one minute.
- You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.
- You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.
- You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.
- Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of
other periods that would otherwise be wasted.